Photo Composition for Better Photography
Notes from the Web
Take mental photos wherever you go. After a while, you'll recognize compositional elements all around you; in fact, it will be hard to turn the process off.
Analyze your photos
both technically and in regards to composition.
- Look thorough your albums and photo boxes. Determine the ratio of bad compositions to good ones. My ratio was dismal, something like 20 to 1.
- Look at your best photos and breakdown the scene into is compositional elements
and relationships. Ask why this photo succeeds.
Analyze the works of others. Sources include:
- Books on photography.
- Photos on the web and photo sharing sites.
- TV, Movies, art, and advertisements
- Keep shooting; ake lots of pictures.
- Work on capturing and isolating individual elements like texture or colors.